Vulnerability Scans are used to identify potential risk exposures and attack vectors across a company’s network, hardware, software and systems. Vulnerability Scans are critical for organizations to recognize new threats that are out there and to stay protected from them, which typically change on a monthly basis. By performing regularly automated vulnerability scans, the probability of being compromised decreases significantly.
Vulnerability Scanning helps organizations detect vulnerabilities, such as:
- Software that is outdated and unpatched
- Misconfigurations of operating system
- Missing and/or broken authentication
- Missing and/or poor data encryption
- Human error
- Poor Cyber awareness
If any vulnerabilities are discovered through scanning and analyzing, there is the option of pursuing a remediation path. This includes patching vulnerabilities, changing default passwords, or fixing misconfigurations.
Benefits of Vulnerability Scans
- Staying Proactive with Cyber Security: Data Breaches are usually due to unpatched vulnerabilities, so figuring out and eliminating any security gaps removes possibilities of an attack.
- Staying Proactive with Data Protection Regulations: Almost every major data protection regulation worldwide mandates vulnerability scanning, including General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Healthcare Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
Interested in Vulnerability Scans for your company? CATS Technology Solutions Group will discover, analyze and report any security flaws or vulnerabilities you may have. Give us a call: 732-204-7100