Cloud Vs Local Storage
Do you ever worry about how to keep your data safe and secure? This is such an important part of a business, and deciding whether to store this data on the cloud or on-site is a very crucial decision to make. It’s beneficial to know the advantages and disadvantages of each option, in order to make the best decision for yourself.
Cloud Storage Advantages:
- Cost-effective and minimal maintenance (CATS Technology Solutions Group would handle all upgrades and tend to any issues that may come up).
- Easily increase or decrease space as necessary.
- Ability to access stored data just by logging into your cloud account.
Cloud Storage Disadvantages:
- Lack of speed. Depending on how much data you want to store, as well as how fast your internet connection is, it could take a long time to back up data.
- Minimal control on a public cloud. It costs more money to get a private cloud.
Local Storage Advantages:
- Quick speed. It is much faster to store data on an external hard drive than to the cloud.
- Full and better control of who can access the data. Once you disconnect the drives from the network, it keeps your data safe from attacks.
Local Storage Disadvantages:
- Upgrading and maintaining a local storage system can be very costly, depending on your specific needs.
- If an on-site disaster were to occur, local backups could be destroyed.
While Local Storage is a straightforward and quick way to store and organize your data, Cloud Storage offers much more flexibility and scalability. It also allows you to access your data from any location, and from a number of different devices. If you need help determining which method works best for you and your company, CATS Technology Solutions Group’s IT Technicians work with a number of different businesses every day. Give CATS Technology a call, and they will be able to find which storage solutions works best for you.
Categorised in: Top 10