Do’s and Don’ts for Remote Working
If you are lucky enough to have the ability to work remotely during this time, you already know it comes with its perks and challenges. If you add the risk of cyberattacks to the mix, then the challenges can be really detrimental to the safety of your business. There are things that can be done to make sure you don’t fall victim to these attacks, and there are other things to avoid.
- Have all personal devices secure with anti-malware and anti-virus software
- Be on the lookout for email phishing scams; they are out there
- Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to protect the data you are accessing
- Avoid using company devices for personal tasks, and avoid using personal devices for company tasks
- Use unique and strong passwords on all accounts so you don’t allow unauthorized access
- Use your default Wi-Fi router password
- Let family members or friends use your company devices
- Use public Wi-Fi to access anything on the company network, unless utilizing a VPN
- Send payments electronically without taking your company’s policy into consideration
- Forget to keep software on all devices up to date, as well as update your router’s firmware
One last don’t – Don’t forget, that CATS Technology Solutions Group is available around the clock to assist you with any of your IT needs, including remote work setup and cybersecurity. Let’s all keep ourselves (and our systems) safe and secure!
Categorised in: Top 10