How to Stay Safe from Different Types of Cyberattacks
As the end of 2020 nears, it’s time to start preparing for the next year and cyberattacks that can pose a threat to you and your business. First, let’s get to know the different type of attacks that can pose a threat to your company’s safety.
Phishing Attacks – Occurs when the attacker generates a fraudulent email, text, or website to trick a victim into giving up sensitive information. This is a popular technique, given how inexpensive, effective, and easy it is to pull off.
Ransomware Attacks – The attacker infects a victim’s systems with a piece of malware that encrypts all of their data. The victim then has a choice—either pay the ransom or lose their data.
IoT-Based Attacks – An attack that leverages a victim’s use of internet-connected smart devices to get malware onto a network.
Internal Attacks – Due to the inside access employees have, they can inflict serious harm by allow their user accounts to be compromised by attackers, or unknowingly downloading dangerous malware onto their workstations.
Unpatched Security Vulnerabilities and Bugs – An unintentional glitch or programming flaw in a computer software or operating system that attackers can use to cause harm on systems.
How Can CATS Technology Solutions Group Help?
As you already know, the Technicians at CATS Technology are certified Cybersecurity experts and will secure and monitor your system 24/7 so you never have to worry about it being compromised.
Just having CATS Technology’s service alone is very beneficial, especially since our focus is keeping your company safe from issues that can do a lot of serious damage. If there is a breach, our technicians are immediately alerted directly through our ticketing system.
However, CATS Technology is partnered with a bunch of security vendors that will further ensure the security of your systems.
- Huntress – Provides threat detection and breach detection based on the footholds each threat maintains within the workstation. Examples of these features are Persistent Threat Detection, Ransomware Canaries, and External Address Scanning of the work stations.
- Barracuda Services – Barracuda Security services are a wide range of services from Email Filtering, SPAM blocking, Email Encryption, email archiving and backup solutions, and Advanced Threat protection and security services to prevent phishing attempts and malicious files from being delivered.
- Webroot SecureAnyWhere EndPoint Protection – An EndPoint solution that provides a multivector advantage over multiple solutions, covering threats from email, web browsing, file attachments, hyperlinks, display ads, social media apps, and connected devices like USB drives. The solution also includes features such as Malware and Virus detection, prevention, and protection.
- SonicWALL – A Firewall device that provides protection and control over connections coming into and out of your network.
- SonicWALL Advanced Security Services – Advanced Security Services can be added to your SonicWALL appliance to enhance your security controls and provider more in depth protection. These features include Gateway Anti-Virus, Intrusion Prevention, Anti-Spyware, Real Time Black List Filters, GEO-IP Filtering, and Botnet filtering.
- SonicWALL Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) – SonicWALL offers a cloud based service that scans all incoming attachments in order to detect, notify, and prevent advanced threats at the SonicWALL device instead of being delivered to the workstations. This is to assist in preventing Zero-Day Attacks on the network. This works by scanning and opening files in a cloud environment (or sandbox) and analyzing the code that is executed.
It’s helpful to have another set of eyes monitoring your company that are not invested in your day-to-day business operations. Having a security professional whose main focus is keeping your company safe and secure can help any unforeseen issues get taken care of before it has a chance to do any irreparable damage.
Categorised in: Top 10