7 Ways to Secure Your Printer
Did you know Cybercriminals can steal personal information straight from your printer? Many people don’t think to secure their printer(s), but printers see and store a lot of confidential information.
Here are 7 ways you can secure your printer:
- Install Malware Updates – All Malware protection should be up to date and able to handle any type of hack.
- Configure Printer Correctly – Always change the default password to something more secure and never print from a “Guest” network when printing remotely.
- Limit Access to the Network – Set the network settings to only allow the printer to take jobs from a trust worthy network.
- Install a Firewall – Using a reliable firewall can help protect your printer from cybercriminals.
- Keep Printer Updated – Update your printer regularly (every quarter). This will add more protection and fix bugs your device may have.
- Encrypt Your Storage – If your printer doesn’t already have this built in, it’s important to encrypt sensitive data on your printer’s hard drive as well as all print jobs.
- Inspect Print Trays – Never leave documents with sensitive information on your print trays. It’s always a good idea to get a paper shredder for important documents you no longer need.
As always, CATS Technology Solutions Group is here to assist you with any IT needs, including keeping your systems secure!
Tags: cyber security
Categorised in: Top 10