Common Cyberattacks & the Steps to Take to Stay Protected
If you were to fall victim to a cyberattack, would you be prepared? It’s important to recognize and be aware of the different type of attacks that can pose a threat to your company’s safety.
- Phishing Attacks – Occurs when the attacker generates a fraudulent email, text, or website to trick a victim into giving up sensitive information. This is a popular technique, given how inexpensive, effective, and easy it is to pull off.
- Ransomware Attacks – The attacker infects a victim’s systems with a piece of malware that encrypts all of their data. The victim then has a choice—either pay the ransom or lose their data.
- IoT-Based Attacks – An attack that leverages a victim’s use of internet-connected smart devices to get malware onto a network.
- Internal Attacks – Due to the inside access employees have, they can inflict serious harm by allow their user accounts to be compromised by attackers, or unknowingly downloading dangerous mare onto their workstations.
- Unpatched Security Vulnerabilities and Bugs – An unintentional glitch or programming flaw in a computer software or operating system that attackers can use to cause harm on systems.
Steps to Take:
- Make sure automatic updates are enabled
- Use an Antivirus and Anti-Malware
- Create a password policy
- Create a screen lock policy
- Verify that backups are current and up to date
- Set up an Email Phishing Training for staff
- Make sure email security is enabled
- Check that Firewall Advanced Threat Protection is enabled
- Call CATS Technology Solutions Group to talk to a Cybersecurity Expert
How Can CATS Technology Solutions Group Help?
As you already know, the Technicians at CATS Technology are certified Cybersecurity experts and will secure and monitor your system 24/7 so you never have to worry about it being compromised.
Just having CATS Technology’s service alone is very beneficial, especially since our focus is keeping your company safe from issues that can do a lot of serious damage. If there is a breach, our technicians are immediately alerted directly through our ticketing system.
It’s helpful to have another set of eyes monitoring your company that are not invested in your day-to-day business operations. Having a security professional whose main focus is keeping your company safe and secure can help any unforeseen issues get taken care of before it has a chance to do any irreparable damage.
Categorised in: blog