Cybercriminals Don’t Take Vacations
‘Tis the season for family, joy, memories and cyberattacks? The holiday season is now upon us, and what better way to celebrate than to take a much needed vacation or staycation? You’ve worked hard all year and let’s face it, you deserve it! Although you may plan to take some time off, there is a group of people who never do; cybercriminals.
Did you know that they actually use your vacation time to their advantage? Since people are less likely to realize they are a victim of an attack if they are away from their computer for an extended period of time, they use this time to make their move. Even if the devices you leave behind at home are secure, there are also dangerous scenarios that can take place with the devices you take with you while traveling.
Before traveling, keep these tips in mind to make sure your data stays safe:
- Free, public Wi-Fi is not always a good thing. Scammers use this as a way to get into your account and steal your information quickly, so it’s always good practice to ask hotel staff about their security protocols. Disabling Auto-Connect for Wi-Fi is also a good idea.
- Enable security features and strong pass codes on all devices, just in case any of your devices get misplaced.
- Never leave your laptop open and unattended when in a public place
- Before traveling, make sure you have the most up-to-date operating systems and anti-virus protection
- Hire an MSP to monitor your system
If you hire an MSP like CATS Technology Solutions Group, the following steps will be taken to further protect you from cyberattacks:
- Available 24/7/365 – CATS Technology has a team of technicians who are available all day, every day. There is always someone available to assist with any issues that may come up.
- Cyberattack Monitoring – CATS Technology offers constant Proactive Monitoring of your system, including weekends and holidays. If there is a breach, our technicians are alerted immediately.
- Enable Cyberattack Back Up – Data should always be backed up, but especially before a holiday or vacation. Having a recent backup that is easily accessible is a great way to get back on track quickly.
Tags: cyber security, hackers
Categorised in: Top 10