How Important is Login Security?
Every day, multiple times a day, we are logging into our accounts across all different platforms. Whether it’s for professional or personal use, it’s important that our accounts stay secure and convenient to utilize. By using Single Sign-On (SSO) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), the login process will become much easier and protect sensitive information.
Single Sign-On (SSO) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA):
MFA is an extra layer of security, and once it is in place, SSO can then be implemented. This combination can improve the safety and security of your business. It can also help cut down on cybersecurity issues by removing the threat of weak passwords, which is what cybercriminals are most attracted to.
As far as passwords go, they are recycled way too often. It may seem difficult to try to keep track of different passwords across multiple platforms, so a password manager is extremely beneficial.
How to Create a Strong Password:
- Minimum of 8-10 characters, the longer the password the better!
- Randomly capitalize letters throughout
- Using special characters in your password makes it stronger
- Rather than using a number at the beginning or end of a password, try to insert it somewhere in the middle. Avoid using the number 1
- It’s best not to use a real word, name or anything that would be relatively easy to guess
Remember: Contact CATS Technology if you need password protection assistance or cybersecurity services (732-204-7100)!
Tags: login security, MFA, password
Categorised in: Top 10