Immediate Steps to Take if Your Netflix Account is Hacked
How popular is Netflix? As of the beginning of 2023, Netflix has around 232.5 million subscribers. However, due to its popularity, it makes it an easy target for hackers. Hackers have figured out that they can make a big profit on selling usernames and passwords, with very little risk involved.
Hackers are able to get your username and password by breaking into a smaller site that doesn’t have as much security as Netflix, but only if you use the same username and password for both accounts. That is why it is very important to not reuse the same password across multiple accounts. Hackers also send fake emails asking you to sign into your Netflix account. In order to protect yourself, don’t use your username and password on random sites and be careful of emails asking for you to change your login credentials.
If your Netflix account does end up getting hacked, here are immediate steps you should take:
- Go to the Netflix site & try to log in.
- If you can log in, change your password immediately and remove any strange payment methods.
- Call Netflix support. (Very important)
- Keep an eye on your bank statements.
- Change the password for other accounts that used the same one as your Netflix account.
Categorised in: Top 10