Important Physical Cybersecurity Steps to Take
While there are many technology safeguards to take when it comes to Cybersecurity, there are also physical steps you can take to stay protected and keep your information safe. Physical security is just as important as technology security and keeping these steps in mind can be a game-changer.
5 Simple Physical Steps to Take –
- Keep your office safe from unauthorized visitors: Your office is a sacred place, and typically holds a lot of confidential information. Unauthorized visitors can pose a risk and have malicious intentions. Be sure to monitor any suspicious activity and report it.
- Don’t allow tailgating off your access: Tailgating is when an unauthorized person gets into a secure office by following closely behind an authorized person who opens a locked door. You should never hold the door open for someone you don’t recognize.
- Shred important documents: It’s best to use a shredder to shred any documents that contain sensitive or confidential information.
- Lock up devices and paper documents: When not in use, all devices and file cabinets should be locked up.
- Transport devices securely: If your supervisor gives you permission to transport files or devices from the office, store them in the trunk and bring them directly to the destination.
Remember to report any suspicious activity you see, and you can always reach out to CATS Technology Solutions Group for Cybersecurity services or information! 732-204-7100
Categorised in: Top 10