The Dos and Don’ts of Cyber Security
August 8, 2022 12:53 pm
Companies, as well as their employees, play a large role in maintaining the security of the Cyber world. After all, it is a known fact that people are the weakest link when it comes to Cyberattacks.
Here are some Dos and Don’ts that can help improve cybersecurity within your business, or even for your personal use:
- Use strong passwords that are at least ten characters long and have a combination of lower case and upper case letters. Using a phrase makes your password even stronger.
- Keep your password confidential. If you think you will have trouble remembering It, utilize a password manager.
- Be alert of scams and phishing emails, which means do not open links from unknown users.
- Use two-factor authentication when able to.
- Install an Anti-virus program and keep it up to date.
- Back up your data regularly.
- Educate employees on best cyber security practices.
- Contact CATS Technology Solutions Group to talk to a Cyber Security expert about how they will keep your systems safe and secure (732-204-7100).
- Never post any private information, such as banking information, on social media or public sites.
- Try to avoid connecting to and using public Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Avoid installing unauthorized programs on your PC.
- Unless approved, avoid plugging in external USB flash drives into company computers.
- Never share your password with ANYONE.
Tags: cyber security
Categorised in: Top 10